Tuesday, February 2, 2010

NEW MONTH, 03/02/10

Its a new month and l would like to share a conversation I once had with a friend with you.

It was about how the single (unmarried) should stay pure according to the Bible that we both believe. He shared his struggles and made reference to scripture about 'how can a young man stay pure' and 'the evil I don't want to do is what I do but the good I want to do, I don't do'. I smiled and tried to encourage. Let me share with you what I shared then.

Friends who believe in the bible, we should all know that scripture is divine revelation and the commandments therein can only be followed through ''divine inspiration'. There is not a single commandment that we can single handedly obey without God's help through his Holy Spirit.

Trials and failure are necessary for growth. We should not be discouraged when we fall cos it is in 'falling' that we experience the love of God in our rising. God's divinity is made perfect anytime we call on him in our weaknesses. Let us therefore not be crushed by our weaknesses but be raised back to our feet by the everlasting love of God that lifts us up anytime we are down.
God looks at our desire to remain in him and perfects our little acts. It is by doing the little things in life so well that pleases the Lord. By and by, our small acts will become a 'mighty deed'. Let us remain in God with the confidence that he will never leave or forsake us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A POEM IN COMMEMORATION OF THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, KUMASI GHANA

 A PLATINUM ODE Agoo!! Agoo!! Shhh!! Shhh!!  What is this that I hear? What is this that I feel?  I can sense excitement in the air.  There ...